Star Trek is a beloved sci-fi series focused on a group of Starfleet personnel doing what they can to protect the quadrant from malicious forces. With their advanced technology, teamwork, and skill sets, they face off against terrifying foes. With multiple series under this franchise’s belt, it is hard to know which episodes are the best.
That is why we are here to help!
Here are the top 5 best Star Trek episodes:
- “The City on the Edge of Forever” (Original Series) – This episode sees Captain Kirk and Spock travel back in time to the 1930s where Kirk falls in love with a social worker. However, he soon discovers that in order to save millions of lives in the future, he must let her die. This episode is widely regarded as one of the best in the franchise due to its emotional depth and moral complexity.
- “The Best of Both Worlds” (The Next Generation) – In this two-part episode, the Borg threaten to assimilate Earth and Captain Picard is captured and turned into a Borg. The episode is a thrilling ride from start to finish, with some of the best action and drama the series has ever produced.
- “In the Pale Moonlight” (Deep Space Nine) – This episode sees Captain Sisko make a difficult decision when he enlists the help of a former enemy to forge evidence that will bring the Romulans into the Dominion War on the side of the Federation. The episode is a masterclass in moral ambiguity and is widely regarded as one of the best in the franchise.
- “The Inner Light” (The Next Generation) – In this episode, Captain Picard is hit by a probe that causes him to live out an entire lifetime on a long-dead planet. This episode is a touching exploration of the human condition and what it means to live a full life.
- “Trials and Tribble-ations” (Deep Space Nine) – In this episode, the crew of Deep Space Nine travel back in time to the original series episode “The Trouble with Tribbles”. The episode is a hilarious love letter to the original series and is widely regarded as one of the best comedic episodes in the franchise.
These five episodes are just a small sample of what Star Trek has to offer. Each episode is uniquely crafted and offers a different perspective on the human condition, making it one of the most beloved franchises in science fiction history.