Warhammer: Chaos & Conquest Offers a Solid Experience at Slaughtering Enemies and Praising Dark Gods
Warhammer: Chaos & Conquest is a mobile game that focuses on Warhammer fantasy, specifically those heretical followers of chaos we all know and love! If you are unfamiliar with the world of Warhammer, it involves various factions all fighting amongst one another to essentially survive. The lore is dark, rich, and a delight to all those who are fans of the fantasy genre.
One of those factions are the dreaded followers of Chaos who give their souls over to dark gods who offer them immense power for a horrible price. They threaten all life on the planet and getting to
play a game that focuses solely on them is fun. Chaos & Conquest is a mix of base building and raiding with some RPG elements for your main champion. Like most mobile games, there are resources that generate over time and this allows you to invest in upgrading certain buildings to help increase various aspects of your main base. the only catch is that you can only build one thing at a time and it takes a fair amount of time for work to be completed.
There is a unique resource called Warpstones that allows you to skip the wait and get the repairs done immediately and as you can imagine this resource is rare. Of course, resources and warp stones are available for a price or for free if you watch their ads, invite your Facebook friends, or simply return to the game every other hour to find some in your base.
In my first hour of Chaos & Conquest, I was overwhelmed and unimpressed but then a local warlord came bursting through my front gates and murdered my feeble level 2 champion and my handful of warriors. This wasn’t just a one and done deal either, it happened maybe five times before the game teleported my base to a whole other area of the map so I would not have to face eternal devastation.
This was one of the best things to happen to me for a lot of reasons. One was the fact that every time you raid someone, you get a portion of their resources which hurts when you are so new to the game. Second, it fueled me with an unreasonable amount of fury that I truly wanted to return to his keep one day and destroy all he holds dear.
Anyways, the game has great chaos aesthetic that ties into the dystopian feel that Warhammer fans know and love. There is a lot to do in and out of your base that actually playing the game feels satisfying. At the same time, if you are on the go and wanted to press a few buttons to ensure progress is made, it can absolutely assist. Specifically for base building, you can have it direct you to the areas that need the most improvement and you just authorize the work to be done.
A big aspect of the game is clans. Normally clans are merely for community building but in Chaos & Conquest, they are a huge benefit that almost makes the game unplayable without one. You are offered quests that yield solid rewards with little to no effort and if you want help making a building phase go by faster you can simply request it and your allies can step in. There are also various events that help spice up the game to keep it from being the same old pillaging your low-level neighbor.
The only downside about the game is that it feels limited in the aspect of end game. Granted at the time of writing this I am about six hours in and am constantly learning new aspects of the game but no matter how hard I search, it seems as though you will continue to base build and raid others or get raided again and again. There are PvE enemies who are mighty and I dare not tussle with them just yet so that might be what the whole goal is but for now it is fun.
I would recommend Chaos & Conquest to those who need a secondary mobile game to play when their first choice is exhausted. If you are a fan of Warhammer then you may find yourself deeply enjoying the game as I am currently!
Info from the game:
Spread Chaos across the Old World! Command a horde as you build a fortress capable of conquering the Empire of Man – and any other Chaos warbands that stand in your way. With enough power, you will prove your worth to the Chaos Gods by conquering Altdorf and becoming the Everchosen!
Set in the Warhammer Fantasy universe, Warhammer: Chaos & Conquest is real-time massively multiplayer strategy game where players compete for the resources of the Old World and battle for control of the Old World.
COMMAND A TERRIFYING WARBAND
• Collect Warlords to be your most powerful soldiers in the war against the Empire
• Over 20 Daemons of Chaos & 10 warriors of Chaos to collect
• Use your strategy to assemble a diverse warband capable of smashing the defenses of your foes
• Daily challenges to complete with guaranteed rewards & bonuses based on leaderboards!
BUILD A CHAOS FORTRESS POWERFUL ENOUGH TO MARCH ON ALTDORF
• Raise a Champion worthy of the title of Everchosen
• Research Skills to expand your military, battle, & unholy might
• Increase your power by building structures including the Chaos Temple, Sorcerer’s Citadel, Fortress Walls, Watchtower, Warlord Conclave, Workshop, Daemonic Forge, Hell Cannons, Dungeons, Training Grounds, & more.
• Collect more resources by upgrading your Lumber Mill, Slaughter Pens, Blast Furnace, & Quarry
ATTACK YOUR ADVERSARIES FOR THE GLORY OF CHAOS
• Vanquish roaming beasts to send them to their final resting place
• Send your warriors on marches throughout the realm to pillage goods from the land
• Siege other players fortresses to muck up their plans of conquest in favor of your own
• World chat for discussing the battle results with your enemies!
WORK TOGETHER WITH TRUSTED ALLIES
• Join an alliance to coordinate the conquest of landmarks important to the Empire
• share the spoils with your alliance! As your alliance collects resources, your allies automatically earn additional spoils
• Assist your allies by speeding up their construction of their Chaos Fortress
• Send your troops to assist your alliance in defense, or receive warriors from your allies to make your fortress unbeatable
• Complete Trials, both solo & with your alliance, to make your army more powerful
• Gather with your Alliance to take over the major landmarks of the Old World
DEVOTE YOURSELF TO CHAOS
• Pledge your alliance to the Chaos Gods – Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch, & Slaanesh! Bring the chaos they desire to the Old World!
• Build a temple to Nurgle, the Plague Lord and god of disease, decay, and death!
• Build a Temple to the Dark Prince Slaanesh, the God of lust, pride, and decadence!
• Build a temple to the changer of Ways, Tzeentch, the god of magic, change, and sorcery!
• Construct a temple to the blood God Khorne! The god of violence, carnage, and anger is eager for the spill of blood.
IMMERSE YOURSELF IN THE CLASSIC LORE OF WARHAMMER FANTASY
• Special events to conquer roaming warbands of other Warhammer Fantasy factions, including greenskins, beastmen, & dwarfs!
• Iconic Warhammer Fantasy locations, including: Chaos Wastes, Norsca, Troll Country, & the Empire of Man
• Iconic Warhammer creatures to housing in your dungeons, including Chaos Spawn, Slaughter Brutes, mutalith vortex beasts, & dragon ogres!
• Iconic Warhammer infantry available for training, including Marauders, Forsaken, Chaos Warriors, & Chaos Chosen
• Iconic Warhammer beasts to corral, including: Warhounds, Chimera, Gorebeasts
• Collect warpstone through daily quests
Carve your own legend in the Warhammer Fantasy Old World. The legions of the Empire of Man stand in your way – march your warband right through them & cement your legacy as the Everchosen of Chaos that brought down the Empire of Man!